The Temple of Saint 4 Witnesses
Is the cathedral Temple of village, that has been built in 1952 in salience and panoramic really place and is dedicated in the local Saint 4 Witnesses Georgio, Aggeli, Manoyil, Nikolaos, that were given birth and they lived in the Melampes testified in 1824 in the Rethymno. The architecture of Temple, his decor, and the pictures temploy his – work of big hagiograper Fotis Kontogloy – gives a separate magnificence. But sprucing up the environment of space – all that is to say planted with trees sides the 10 and more acres, that are built the Temple – easy convince also the passerby to stop it is rested by the travel and enjoys the beauty of immense horizon the Temple celebrates on 28 October day at which are become festive sequences and litany with Holy Relic of Saints in the streets of village. Then that day it follows general hospitality of pilgrims and the afternoon line it takes the Melampiani company in the village, the bender and the dance.